Sunday, April 1, 2012

Mortgage Bankers Association

From: RDShatt@aol.com
To: __________@mortgagebankers.org
Sent: 3/31/2012 6:28:04 A.M. Central Daylight Time
Subj: contact email address for David Stevens
Dear ___________,
I don't see a good contact email address for Mr. Stevens on the MBA website. I got your above email address from the National Fraud Issues Conference brochure. If I may, I will send to you the email I wish to send to Mr. Stevens and ask if you could please forward it to him.
Thank you.
Rob Shattuck



From: RDShatt@aol.com
To: __________@mortgagebankers.org
Sent: 3/31/2012 6:30:31 A.M. Central Daylight Time
Subj: Case study re robo-signing settlement (please forward to Mr. David Stevens)
Dear Mr. Stevens,
I am an activist lay person.
I am embarked on a project to investigate the views and information that multiple interested parties have concerning the subject of entity level liability versus officer and employee individual liability as a means to deter corporate wrongdoing. See this Statement of project.
I wish to make a case study of the $25 billion settlement that has been made by Ally Financial, JPMorgan Chase, Wells Fargo, Citigroup, and Bank of America regarding the alleged mortgage-servicing and home-foreclosure abuses stemming from the so-called "robo-signing" practices. I have tentatively drafted a set of survey questions I would like to ask of employees of those banks. See Employee survey regarding robo-signing settlement.
I have contacted a number of state mortgage bankers associations about my project.
I note the April 22-25 National Fraud Issues Conference that will "give[s] a comprehensive look into the issues related to mortgage fraud and steps industry professionals, law enforcement and government officials are taking to prevent fraud against lenders [emphasis supplied]."
Of parties who have or should have an interest in the robo-signing settlement, it would appear at this juncture that state attorneys general are not much interested in investigating and formulating a position on the issue of entity level liability versus officer and employee individual liability as a means to deter corporate wrongdoing. See this link and this link (no response received to the email in the latter link).
As a "principal party" in the robo-signing settlement, the Conference of State Bank Supervisors believes it "would be inappropriate" to lend assistance to me in my case study. (See the CSBS email in this link.)
I am making continuing efforts to get input from ethics and compliance professionals and the other interested parties.
Please contact me if the Mortgage Bankers Association would be willing to lend me any assistance related to my case study.
Thank you.
Sincerely,
Rob Shattuck


From: PSlesinger@mortgagebankers.org
To: RDShatt@aol.com
Sent: 4/3/2012 11:19:37 A.M. Central Daylight Time
Subj: Research Request

Dear Mr. Shatt:
I was asked to reply to your request for assistance in connection with your case study because your request covers legal matters.
I have reviewed your email and found your topic interesting. However, I do not believe we are in a position to provide any assistance to you in your work.
Sincerely,
Phyllis K. Slesinger
Senior Vice President & General Counsel, Human Resources and Legal Affairs
Mortgage Bankers Association
Phone: (202) 557-2869 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting            (202) 557-2869      end_of_the_skype_highlighting 

No comments: