Saturday, March 22, 2008

Continuation with ethics professionals

Dear _________,

I continue to look for a forum, such as the ECOA, in which to present my ideas about a significant disconnect between the law and the propagation of ethical business behavior, which disconnect is explained at length here.

I am currently working on contacting chief executive officers (the office of the Chairman of Bank of America called me after reviewing this email), general counsel and ethics officers at the credit card companies and the banks that are defendants in this currency conversion fee class action litigation. I have brought my activities to the particular attention of Ms. Lisa A. Rickard, President of the Institute for Legal Reform of the US Chamber of Commerce, and will advocate to her that the Institute make outreach to corporate ethics officers. I hope my efforts will result in a dialogue between top level corporate management and ethics officers on this disconnect between law and ethics, which seems to be excellently exemplified by this particular litigation, as I discuss in a letter to the judge.

I hope you think that such a dialogue would be desirable, and that this is meritorious for consideration in a forum such as the ECOA. If there is any way you can help me out in my efforts, and you wish to do so, please contact me.

Thank you.

Sincerely,
Robert Shattuck

No comments: