Saturday, March 22, 2008

Enron; Professor John Coffee

Overlawyered.com had this post about the Enron attorneys fees and Professor John Coffee of Columbia being supportive of fee request.

I sent Professor Coffee the following email:

Subj: Enron attorney fees


Dear Professor Coffee,

I saw you referred to and quoted in a March 17, 2008 entry in overlawyered.com as being supportive of the Enron attorney fees request and to the effect that you often testify for fee requests.

Do you have any writings in electronic form that you could send to me, or are there any books or articles you have written not in electronic form that you could cite me to, in which you lay out your positions and arguments relative to tort reform and plaintiffs' lawyers?

For what it is worth, I am squarely in Walter Olson's camp and have my own blog to show for it. I am interested in finding cogent statements of the case on the other side from Mr. Olson and myself, but have not found much yet. I hope you can help me out.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Robert Shattuck

I discuss Enron is this blog here.

No comments: