Monday, May 16, 2011

Email to consumer protection professionals

From: RDShatt@aol.com
To: _______________
Sent: 5/__/2011 _______.M. Central Daylight Time


Subj: Expand role of consumer protection agencies; reduce role of plaintiffs' lawyers


Dear ______________,

I am a citizen advocate. I have been on a wending path that has led me to serial encounters with, among others, law professors, lawmakers, business ethics professionals, judges, and state attorneys general. This path is laid out in my blog How To Combat Plaintiffs' Lawyers.

I have progressed to contacting consumer protection organizations and professionals.

More particularly, I am, in the consumer protection arena, advocating in favor of the expansion of the roles of state attorneys general and other governmental consumer protection agencies, and a reduction in the role of plaintiffs' lawyers. My reasons for this advocacy are indicated at length in my article Does the Civil Liability System Undermine Business Ethics?

I have identified you as prominent in the consumer protection arena and am contacting you to solicit dialogue with you concerning my advocacy and the analysis and argumentation I advance in support of my position.

If you think my advocacy raises interesting questions for your consideration, and you would be willing to indulge me in discussion about the same, I would love to hear from you.

Thank you.

Sincerely,
Rob Shattuck

No comments: