Saturday, February 7, 2009

Association of Corporate Counsel

From: RDShatt
To: robert.roach@nyu.edu
Sent: 5/5/2008 3:17:39 P.M. Central Daylight Time
Subj: ACC Corporate Compliance & Ethics Committee

Dear Mr. Roach,

I am trying to contact the leadership of the ACC Corporate Compliance & Ethics Committee relative to my below described ideas and activities.

If you find anything in my ideas and activities meritorious of consideration, comment and/or action by the Committee, I would very much like to have discussion with you about the same.

Thank you.

Sincerely,
Robert Shattuck

From: RDShatt
To: merklinger@acc.com
CC: JHansen@theecoa.org
Sent: 4/29/2008 11:15:30 A.M. Central Daylight Time

Subj: Fwd: Request for email addresses

Dear Mr. or Ms. Merklinger,

I have not heard anything from you in response to the below email, so I guess I will proceed to find alternative ways to contact the leadership of the Corporate Compliance & Ethics Committee.

Thank you.

Sincerely,
Robert Shattuck

From: RDShatt
To: merklinger@acc.com
CC: JHansen@theecoa.org
Sent: 4/21/2008 4:27:03 P.M. Central Daylight Time
Subj: Request for email addresses

Dear Mr. or Ms. Merklinger,

I am an amateur meddler who would like to request from you the email addresses for the leadership of the Corporate Compliance & Ethics Committee of the Association of Corporate Counsel.

The reason for this request is that I am engaged in an effort to bring about dialogue between corporate ethics officers and senior management about a subject that I have been pressing corporate ethics officers to consider and think about. The subject in question is a disconnect that I discern between the law and the propagation of ethical business behavior in corporations, the latter being the main purpose of corporate ethics officers. This disconnect is explained at some length in an article I have written entitled "Does the Law Undermine Business Ethics?", and that you may find at this link: Does the Law Undermine Business Ethics?

I have been in touch with Ms. Lisa Rickard, the President of the Institute for Legal Reform of the US Chamber of Commerce, urging that her organization, in the pursuit of its goals, have an interface with corporate ethics officers on this subject. Also, I have had extensive contact with the Ethics & Compliance Officers Association, and I see that Mr. John Hansen, who is a director of the ECOA and who is familiar with me, is Vice Chair of the Corporate Compliance & Ethics Committee.

The corporate counsel who are in the leadership of the Corporate Compliance & Ethics Committee manifestly have an interest in business ethics, and I would like to broach my ideas to these corporate counsel to see what they think about them.

If you could provide me with the email addresses for the leadership, I will be most appreciative. If you prefer not to provide me the addresses, but are willing to forward this email to the leadership, that would be very satisfactory too. If you are not is a position to provide me the email addresses or to forward this email to the leadership, please advise me of that fact so I can proceed to get in touch with the leadership by alternative means.

Thank you very much.

Sincerely,
Robert Shattuck

No comments: