Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Update of objection in Morgan Keegan

From: RDShatt@aol.com
To: jbernstein@labaton.com, rcs@cabaniss.com, pfruin@maynardcooper.com, blatham@bassberry.com, larry.polk@sutherland.com, kevinlogue@paulhastings.com
Sent: 3/16/2013 11:54:44 A.M. Central Daylight Time
Subj: In re Regions Morgan Keegan Closed-End Fund Litigation, No. 07-cv-02830 SHM dkv
VIA US MAIL
Clerk of the Court
United States District Court for the Western District of Tennessee
Clifford Davis/Odell Horton Federal Building
167 North Main Street, Room 242
Memphis, Tennessee 38103
Re: In re Regions Morgan Keegan Closed-End Fund Litigation, No. 07-cv-02830 SHM dkv
To the Honorable United States District Court for the Western District of Tennessee:
I object to the proposed settlement in “In re Regions Morgan Keegan Closed-End Fund Litigation, No. 07-cv-02830 SHM dkv.”
I previously mailed a preliminary objection to the Court, and I emailed the preliminary objection to the above email addresses of counsel. The preliminary objection is posted on the Internet at http://robertshattuck.blogspot.com/2013/03/objection-in-morgan-keegan-closed-end.html. A copy of the preliminary objection is enclosed herewith and made part hereof..
The preliminary objection did not set forth any requested purchase trade information. To correct that I state the following: My name, address and telephone number are Robert Shattuck, 3812 Spring Valley Circle, Birmingham, AL 35223, (205) 967-5586. My closed end fund shares were held in my IRA, and the name shown on the notice I received is MLPF&S CUST FPO ROBERT D SHATTUCK JR IRA. The said IRA is not currently at Merrill Lynch. I have not been able to find the requested purchase trade information in my retained paper files. I do not have online access to electronic records of the brokerage accounts where my IRA was held during the relevant periods of time. According, this objection does not specify any of the requested purchase trade information for my IRA Two members of my family also received notice of the class action but I am not involving them in this objection. I further received notice as ROBERT D SHATTUCK JR TTEE ERMA H SHATTUCK REVOCABLE TR FBO SELF & CHILDREN. I make this objection as that trustee. I doubt that I can accurately establish all the requested purchase trade information for that account. I have been able to locate records that show three purchases of 400, 600, and 1000 shares of RMH on November 15, 2006 and two purchases of 1000 shares each of RMA on November 17, 2006, and a purchase of 1000 shares of RMA on November 27, 2006.
A copy of this letter and of the preliminary objection are being deposited in the US mail today, addressed to the counsel as specified in the Notice. I am also sending this by email to the above email addresses of counsel.
At the present time, I do not expect to appear at the hearing, and I do not have anyone else who will appear on my behalf. If I am able to obtain one or more others to appear on my behalf (or make written submission on my behalf), I will notify the Court.
Respectfully submitted,
Robert Shattuck, individually and as trustee (original to the Court signed manually)
March 16, 2013

No comments: