Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Report to NAAG re E&C community

From: RDShatt@aol.com
To: jmcpherson@naag.org
CC: constitutentaffairs@ago.state.al.us
Sent: 11/12/2013 11:20:08 A.M. Central Standard Time
Subj: Recent blog posts re: corporate ethics and compliance community
Dear Jim,
The main focus of my current work is the corporate ethics and compliance community. I think they should investigate and develop a position on entity level liability versus officer and employee liability as a means to deter corporate wrongdoing; and, after that, they should undertake putting forth that position to other relevant parties, including legislators, prosecutors, regulators, attorneys general, and judges. If the ethics and compliance community cannot be persuaded that their role calls for investigating and developing a position on this, that is unhelpful in my work.
I wish to keep the National Association of Attorneys General informed about my progress with the ethics and compliance community.
I basically continue unable to budge that community. Three recent entries dated November 9, November 5 and November 2 in my blog How To Combat Plaintiffs' Lawyers show my latest entreaties to the corporate ethics and compliance community.
I continue to solicit NAAG and individual members of NAAG to take an interest in this subject, and I hope there is a way for you to provide to NAAG members information about what I am doing, so that members who are interested may let me know, and I can communicate with them directly.
Being an Alabama resident, I am copying this email to my contact at the Alabama Attorney General's office.
Thank you.
Sincerely,
Rob Shattuck

No comments: