Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Interchange with Beyond Moral Reasoning author

From: RDShatt
To: ruodan.shao@sauder.ubc.ca
Sent: 5/5/2009 10:11:23 A.M. Central Daylight Time
Subj: Re: Beyond Moral Reasoning: A Review of Moral Identity Research and Its Impli...

Thank you for writing back to me, Ruodan. I cannot tell for sure whether it was incorrect to address you as "Professor." For your information, I am not a professor.

Sincerely,
Robert Shattuck

In a message dated 5/4/2009 1:42:50 A.M. Central Daylight Time, ruodan.shao@sauder.ubc.ca writes:

Dear Professor Shattuck,

Thank you for your email and for reading our paper.

Actually, we have attempted to address the importance of examining the interaction of both situational factors and individuals' moral identity on people's (un)ethical behaviours and decisions in the following paragraph.

I agree that people usually hold corporate officers accountable for their misconducts. However, sometimes we ignore the social pressure or any other situational factors that might impact people's behaviours and decisions.

I'd like to clarify that I am a PhD student that has been working on this paper with Professor Aquino and Professor Freeman. Professor Aquino is an expert in business ethics and he is well accomplished in this field. Professor Freeman is also specialized in this area and has been collaborating with Professor Aquino on many research projects in this area. Therefore, I think they two will have better and deeper thoughts on your proposed questions.

I am not sure about the civil liability system's impacts on business ethics. I guess Karl and Dan might have some insightful comments on this issue.

Thank you again for your email.

All the best,
Ruodan

No comments: