Sunday, September 13, 2009

Chambers of commerce

From: RDShatt
To: garyc@awb.org
Sent: 9/2/2009 7:13:01 A.M. Central Daylight Time
Subj: I want to contact WA state legislators and attorney general

Dear Mr. Chandler,

I am a citizens' class action objector.

The most recent class action of which I have received notice is against Expedia, Inc. (headquartered in the state of Washington) that is pending in King County Superior Court and that is further described here: Expedia Litigation Settlement Website. I have sent emails to the judge in the case, which you may read here.

In addition to the judge, I also wish to contact appropriate Washington state legislators and the attorney general's office in order to advance some of my contentions to those officials and to urge them to adopt positions and possibly take actions that incorporate my contentions.

I am not a resident of Washington State, and it can be very difficult, if not impossible, to get a state official to read a letter or an email from a non-resident, non-Washington State voter.

I am writing this email to you to inquire whether there is any way the Chamber could give me a reference to one or more Washington state legislators (or legislative assistants) or to a staff member or members in the Washington attorney general's office, to whom I could direct communications that I desire to make to those officials.

Thank you.

Sincerely,
Robert Shattuck

From: GaryC@AWB.ORG
To: RDShatt@aol.com
Sent: 9/3/2009 1:36:06 A.M. Central Daylight Time
Subj: RE: I want to contact WA state legislators and attorney general

If you go onto the web and go to access Washington, you can get the information of contacts in the Attorney General’s Office..

From: RDShatt
To: GaryC@AWB.ORG
Sent: 9/3/2009 6:13:23 A.M. Central Daylight Time
Subj: Re: I want to contact WA state legislators and attorney general

Dear Mr. Chandler,

Thank you very much for replying. I think I will continue looking for an organization or person who is local to Washington State and who has sufficient interest in the subject matter and the advocacy that I wish to make to Washington legislators and the Attorney General that they are willing to provide me a reference. Without such a reference, I am sure I, not being a resident of Washington, will be entirely disregarded in trying to communicate to Washington legislators and the attorney general.

Sincerely,
Robert Shattuck

No comments: