Sunday, November 22, 2009

Some dialogue on Expedia

From: Dawn@hbsslaw.com
To: neal.mccarthy@________, RDShatt@aol.com, Carla.walsh@mac.com
Sent: 11/20/2009 6:40:54 P.M. Central Standard Time
Subj: FW: In re Expedia (WA)

Attached please find all documents filed today in connection with Plainitffs' Motion for Final Approval of Settlement, etc.:
<<11-20-09>> <<11-20-09>> <<11-20-09>> <<11-20-09>> <<11-20-09>> <<11-20-09>> <<11-20-09>> <<11-20-09>> <<11-20-09>> <<11-20-09>>


From: neal.mccarthy@__________
To: Dawn@hbsslaw.com, RDShatt@aol.com, Carla.walsh@mac.com
Sent: 11/22/2009 8:11:47 A.M. Central Standard Time
Subj: RE: In re Expedia (WA)

Thanks Dawn
Your firm is a collection of blood sucking maggots -
Please let Mr Volk and your other partners know that class action suits like this are a tax upon the patience and virtue of the good people of our country
I suggest they find a more noble way of manipulating the legal system, such as chasing ambulances.
Regards

Neal McCarthy,
Managing Director


From: RDShatt
To: neal.mccarthy@_____________
CC: Dawn@hbsslaw.com, Carla.walsh@mac.com
Sent: 11/22/2009 8:22:40 A.M. Central Standard Time
Subj: Re: In re Expedia (WA)

Way to go Neal!
I hope you are aware of my efforts to combat the maggots (see this link How To Combat Plaintiffs' Lawyers ), including trying to combat them on Expedia (see http://robertshattuck.blogspot.com/search/label/J8.%20Expedia).

Do you mind if I reproduce your email on my blog and make other use of it?

Thanks.

Sincerely,
Rob Shattuck


From: neal.mccarthy@__________
To: RDShatt@aol.com
CC: Dawn@hbsslaw.com, Carla.walsh@mac.com
Sent: 11/22/2009 8:37:32 A.M. Central Standard Time
Subj: RE: In re Expedia (WA)

Happy to have you share my opinion and name, but please don’t provide my firm name, phone number or email – I have too many emails to answer every day.

I have been asked over the years to participate in numerous lawsuits like this and have steadfastly refused, and offered to assist the attorneys for the defendants, as I did in this case.

The silliest such suit which attempted to include me was a class action against the record company that produced albums for 80’s pop band “Milli Vanilli” – the class was suing on the basis that the music videos were done by actors/dancers who had not actually sung the songs. The settlement was a coupon for something like $1 off any album by the record company and the plaintiff’s counsel was pocketing millions for the “valuable aid to the victims of Milli Vanilli”.

This is the lowest and most coercive use of the legal process, and I have written Senators, Congressmen and the White house trying to put controls in place, but the plaintiff’s bar contributes heavily.

I was pleased to see the hypocrisy of this group exposed when John Edwards embarrassed himself and the Democratic party.

Neal McCarthy
Managing Director


From: RDShatt
To: Dawn@hbsslaw.com
CC: Carla.walsh@mac.com, neal.mccarthy@__________
Sent: 11/22/2009 9:03:03 A.M. Central Standard Time
Subj: Fwd: In re Expedia (WA)

Dear Dawn,

I will be making use of Neal's views and opinions on my blog. If there is anything your firm would like to say in defense of itself and its work, I am likely to be willing to post your firm's statement on my blog. Just let me hear from you.

Thanks.
Rob Shattuck

No comments: