Saturday, January 2, 2010

Expedia- Sibley appeal

From: rdshatt@aol.com
To: MEROWLEY@gsblaw.com
CC: andrew@hbsslaw.com, jkaren@jonesday.com, dlhoran@jonesday.com, neal.mccarthy@fairmountpartners.com, Carla.walsh@mac.com, laura.dorris@kingcounty.gov
Sent: 1/2/2010 6:31:41 A.M. Central Standard Time

Subj: Re: In re EXPEDIA HOTEL TAXES AND FEES LITIGATION

Dear Ms. Sibley,

Thank you for sending me your notice of appeal that you are filing in King County Superior Court.

For your information, I have expressed objection both within the litigation and outside the litigation. You may learn more of what I have done at this link .

Based on personal experience in this case and others (see, e.g.
Papadakis v. Northwestern Mutual Life ), I believe this is a closed legal system in which the judges and the lawyers are out of touch with economics, business ethics and genuine justice.

Because of my belief about the closed nature of the legal system, as exemplified by this case, I am availing of the upcoming 2010 elections to go outside the legal system even more, which you may learn about here in my blog. I hope to hold up the Expedia litigation as a case in point for my criticism.

I would be interested in learning more about your views on this subject matter.

Thank you.

Sincerely,
Robert Shattuck

In a message dated 12/28/2009 11:32:50 A.M. Central Standard Time, MEROWLEY@gsblaw.com writes:

Please find attached a Notice of Appeal to Court of Appeals, Division I with attachments filed today in King County Superior Court.


This e-mail is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). It contains information that is confidential and/or legally privileged. If you believe that it has been sent to you in error, please notify the sender by reply e-mail and delete the message. Any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this information by someone other than the intended recipient is prohibited.

MARILYN ROWLEY
merowley@gsblaw.com

No comments: