Thursday, December 10, 2009

Candidates for US Senate and House

In the coming weeks I will use this website http://www.uselections.com/ to send the below form of email to United States Senators and Representatives and to announced candidates for the Senate and the House of Representatives, ideally covering all 50 states.

From: RDShatt
To: ___________
Sent: 12/__/2009 _______Central Standard Time

Subj: Plaintiffs' lawyers impede economic recovery

Dear ____________,

I am an Alabama resident.

I think plaintiffs' lawyers impede the country's economic recovery. I also think they undermine business ethics. They particularly stand in the way of sensible medical malpractice reform as a way to lower the nation's health care costs.

I have a blog How To Combat Plaintiffs' Lawyers where I record my efforts to communicate with lawmakers, judges, attorney generals and academics, among others, about how I believe plaintiffs' lawyers ill serve societal interests.

I receive no remuneration for any of my activities. I am not a member of any tort reform organization, chamber of commerce, or any other organization that has an interest in opposing plaintiffs' lawyers.

Congress is debating more stimulus, health care reform, and other governmental action to get our nation's economy back on track, and the country is moving toward the 2010 elections that will be a referendum on how the current Congress performs about these important domestic issues.

I hope you, as a United States Senator or Representative, or as a candidate for the Senate or the House of Representatives, will look at the contribution the plaintiffs' lawyers make to the country's economic difficulties and will consider, advocate and propose legislative action to lessen the problem of the plaintiffs' lawyers.

Thank you.

Sincerely,
Robert Shattuck

No comments: