Sunday, June 27, 2010

Further email to Catholic dioceses

From: RDShatt@aol.com
To: _______
Sent: 6/27/2010 ________.M. Central Daylight Time

Subj: Support for Archbishop Mansell and Bishops Lori and Cote

To Catholic Dioceses in the United States:

I, a lowly citizen, am writing to express my support of Archbishop Henry J. Mansell of Hartford, Bishop William E. Lori of Bridgeport and Bishop Michael R. Cote of Norwich, in their requesting the help of pastors in mounting a campaign opposing a measure in the Connecticut House of Representatives that would make Connecticut the only state without a statute of limitations for the filing of sexual abuse claims concerning minors. http://www.catholicnews.com/data/stories/cns/1001542.htm

I think plaintiffs' lawyers have been wrongfully victimizing Catholic dioceses for many years. In 2005 I sent to Catholic dioceses in the United States the email that is set forth at this link: http://robertshattuck.blogspot.com/2007/11/catholic-church-sex-abuse-scandal.html

The plaintiffs' lawyers have a "divide and conquer" modus operandi. I recently had occasion to write to the Ohio Association of Nonprofit Organizations warning them about this. You may read my email to the OANO here. The Boy Scouts are now being victimized in the same way the Catholic Church has been, and I have written this email to Boy Scout councils in Ohio, which the dioceses in Ohio may have a special interest in.

My sense is that Catholic dioceses have a greater appreciation of how they have been victimized than they had five or ten years ago. I hope dioceses will become more vocal in objecting to their victimization by the plaintiffs' lawyers.

Sincerely,
Robert Shattuck
Birmingham, AL

No comments: