Thursday, December 3, 2009

Another email to Judge Benton

From: RDShatt
To: laura.dorris@kingcounty.gov
CC: neal.mccarthy@__________, jkaren@jonesday.com, steve@hbsslaw.com
Sent: 12/3/2009 7:21:56 A.M. Central Standard Time
Subj: Continued complaint about Expedia class action litigation

Dear Judge Benton,

Plaintiffs' counsel has sent me your signed Order Awarding Attorneys' Fees, Costs and Incentive Awards in In re Expedia Taxes and Fees Litigation, in which you awarded the plaintiffs' counsel $9,587,096.11, which includes $412,903.89 in expenses.

In August I sent these two emails to you that your bailiff indicated were reviewed by you and would be made part of the file: http://robertshattuck.blogspot.com/2009/08/email-to-judge-benton.html and http://robertshattuck.blogspot.com/2009/08/second-email-to-judge-benton.html .

I have read your order and the justification you set out for the attorneys' fees.

With all due respect, your Honor, I consider your order to be a mindless action based on either mindless actions of other judges previously (I have not studied the cases you cite so I cannot say whether they were mindless as well) or, if the actions of the other judges were not mindless, you failed to see why you were being mindless in how you followed those precedents in the Expedia litigation.

I have been disseminating this citizen's letter to judges and feel the Expedia litigation in the King County Superior Court is an appropriate opportunity for disseminating my citizen's letter to judges at other Superior Courts in Washington State. I see from the Washington courts website that there are email addresses for emailing to judges at other Superior Courts, and I plan to send to them copies of this email to you.

I would like further to call this matter to the attention of Washington State state legislators, such as the judiciary committees. While I am not a citizen of Washington State, class action litigation such as the Expedia case has an effect nationally on consumers and investors, and I believe it should be permissible for out of state citizens to point that out to other state legislatures.

Sincerely,
Robert Shattuck

No comments: